Tuesday, August 20, 2013

{Engaged} Gillian & Ryan

I am so lucky to frequently have couples that just feel like they're old friends I've known forever during a session, and Gillian and Ryan are absolutely one of those couples.  I knew they would be great to work with when the fact that our morning was full of a constant drizzle didn't phase them in the least.  We made the most of the weather and still managed to get some great pictures!


We started the morning out in the open  by the WWII Memorial, and then worked our way up to Lincoln and later over to the GW campus in Foggy Bottom.



I've always loved how the trees arch over the path along the reflecting pool.



Gillian and Ryan met as freshmen at George Washington University, so we stopped by the campus to relive some their early memories, and I was treated to some amazing tales of their college antics. 



These two pictures really showcase the personality of this couple.  Laughter was definitely a theme of the morning, and what engagement session would be complete without the riding of a hippo.


Gillian was a tour guide during her GW days, and apparently there is an alternative story as to how the hippo statue came about, but I'll leave that for her to share.


 Thanks for sharing such a fun morning with me guys, you definitely gave my abs a workout with the jokes and stories!  Congratulations and have a wonderful wedding!






No comments:

Post a Comment